Skip to main content

A Great Triumph Over Technology

I threw a temper tantrum today.

In my defense, I forgot how old I was.  In fact, my tantrum was actually the second time that I forgot my age this afternoon.  At lunch, I thought I was one year older than I actually am, and almost volunteered that information to my family (who would certainly have known better) as we were discussing the grandkids' birth order.  After lunch today, I thought I was about 25 years younger....

During my convalescence period of PFPS recovery, I have been doing a variety of strength training workouts.  One such workout involves the use of our DVD player.  (I don't normally promote DVD workouts, but this one is tip top!)  Anyway, since we got a universal remote to replace the last one that pooped out on us, the damn thing has been giving me nothing but Trouble with a capital T.  (We would all do well to remember that Trouble, Technology, Temper, and Tantrum all begin with the same letter.)  The first world problem that prompted the whole ordeal is thus:  I have neither control over fast-forwarding/rewinding nor do I wield any sort of power over scene selection/set up.  It is tragic.

Naturally, this was the only solution:

Before you judge me for having no control over my temper, let me just say this:
Not only did the remote not work, but as I was taking the batteries out (no sense in destroying perfectly good batteries), the stupid thing ruined my brand new mani.  Therefore, my actions were even more justified.
Habibi was less amused by my reaction to this technical malfunction than were my besties (who egged me on and congratulated me on my triumph), but I suppose that is why they are my friends.  Regardless, it's still Date Night, so I'm not in Terribly deep Trouble.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

France 2012 - Carnac

le 2 novembre At around 7 a.m. this morning, Habibi and I set sail (sorry, I'll stop using nautical terms now) for the small, coastal town of Carnac, located in Bretagne  (Brittany).  Upon arriving at the small, cozy  H ô tel An Ti Gwenn  ( Breton  for "white house"), we were warmly received and led to our calm little slice of heaven.  Remember, we had just left our tiny, disgusting fish bowl of a room, so the pleasant smells and fresh, clean bedding were welcome! Exterior view of the  Hôtel An Ti Gwenn View of the back garden from one of our windows Peeking through the main window into the side garden Our clean, fresh salle de bains Notre chambre We stopped for a quick lunch at a local s alon de thé  before heading to the tourism office at the center of town.  The main square was adorned with a lovely old church (typical of just about every French community, regardless of the size), several small tourist shops, bars and  crêperies. A

Mitt Romney: Problem Solver By A Fool's Standards

I know I bash politics a lot because, I'll just come right out and say it, I think they're silly.  My indifference to most things allows me the leisurely amusement of getting a rise out of people who are particularly hot on any given subject.  However, like most individuals who actually do give a shit, I also have a set of criteria on what I look for in a candidate and -republican or democrat- I will vote for whomever I feel best meets that criteria. But today, I find myself at a loss for words. http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/02/15/146929766/why-romneys-shaggy-dog-story-wont-die While I haven't exactly been a Romney fan up until this point, I am somewhat sympathetic to those under constant scrutiny.  I suppose he has faced his fair share.  But we do make our own beds, do we not?  This is positively inexcusable.  I would sooner vote for a chimp in a scuba suit than this imbecile.  Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see all such despicable cr

The Joys of Fall and Eating Dinner

When I was just a little tike, I learned a song about Halloween.  The lyrics went something like this: Jack-O-Lantern, Jack-O-Lantern, You are such a pretty sight, As you sit there in the window, Looking out on the night! You were once a yellow pumpkin, Growing on a sturdy vine. Now you are a Jack-O-Lantern, See the candlelight shine! I know it isn't exactly Hemingway (thank goodness), but poor Habibi found me singing it to myself in the bathroom this morning as I was getting ready for the day.  (Oh, shut up.)  For your enjoyment (obviously) I've included the inspiration for my morning concert below: WE GOT TO CARVE OUR PUMPKIN LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! I love Halloween.  Every year around this time I start to get the jitters as though something terribly exciting and adventurous is about to happen.  I love the crunch of fall leaves, crispy mornings, eerie evenings and smoky nights.  Spooky stories, haunted houses, the smell of a campfire an